We want to keep supporting this school for another 5 years, during this period we will continue to improve the infrastructure and overall quality of services provided by our school:
- Improve and grow the health care centre. The existing class rooms will be converted to a wards for men and women. We also foresee a delivery room, a consultation room, a pharmacy, a lab, a utility room, an education area, a family room and cooking opportunity. The design is from Emma Verhas, Pauline Verbeke & Ying Liu from the bachelor and post graduate Space & Service Design of Thomas More. First step: water borehole worth €8000.
- Provide electricity and water for both the school and health care centre.
- Buy more land and build a larger campus for the vocational training centre. Add business oriented classes to stimulate entrepreneurship.
- Provide 1000€ monthly support for staff wages and food for the children. We want to keep our students healthy and our teaching staff on board for sustained quality in schooling. We are looking for 100 monthly sponsors of €10. Our sponsors will receive a present.
We work as much as possible together with Higher Educational Institutes to provide professional support in specific projects.
- Academic year 2019-2020 nursing students from Thomas More University of Applied Sciences will go to Bwera to work on sexual education and health. The will also initiate a student follow up system, because a good health is the best guarantee for good schooling.
- Academic year 2018-2019 students interior design from Thomas More University of Applied Sciences will design a functional set up for the health care centre, in the frame of their service & human-centered design. Two of them will travel to Uganda to prepare the conversion of Mama Sabina.
- Academic year 2019-2020 students of Thomas More will go and support the conversion ofMama Sabina.
- In the ACTEA project from AP University College, sponsored by the EU, the vocational training centre (VAMCAST) will be outreach partner. Teachers from VAMCAST will be trained in industrial electricity and automation.
We will strive to make the local organization self-supporting:
- Various vocational departments (hair dressing, car repair, wood work,…) will offer their services against payment.
After the 5 year period ends, we will continue to provide for the wages and food. And we will evaluate the constructional needs. If a decent level of self-sustainability is reached we will move on to another project for investments in infrastructure.